We closed on Tuesday and we have lots of work to do this next week, but hopefully we'll be able to move in the week after Christmas and before I have to come back to work.
This isn't the best picture, but I will have plenty more coming so you all can see our progress on fixing things up. We of course want it to be super kid friendly but at the same time want it to look open, modern and keep it looking like adults actually live here. All while on a very tight budget...so things will come together slowly which is totally fine with me!
There are so many things I am looking forward to...some obviously more luxurious than others...
- more than 6 drawers to store all of my kid's clothes
- closets, we don't have a single closet for the kids right now...we will soon have one for each!
- an area to put an actual dining table so we can actually sit and actually eat...in one place...in adult sized chairs
- more than three kitchen cabinets
- kitchen counters!
- room to put beds for the kids
- a garage to store all of our crap and our cars
- a yard for a garden
- a yard for Bella
- a yard for the kids
- a pool!
- a porch
- a master bedroom big enough for a king sized bed
- no more helicopters
- no more witnessing crimes when looking out my back door
- no more tagging on my retaining walls
- being near our parents
- no more traffic jams between just two adults in the kitchen, bathroom, living room etc.
- a family room
- more that 760 sq ft for a family of four and a 100lb dog
- a drive way
- no more playing musical cars on street sweeping days
- no more street sweeping parking tickets
- most importantly, a home, a home where we can live and grow and enjoy...
This is why I can't stop smiling lately, even while at work...I seriously can't wipe this silly grin off my face.
More pictures coming soon!