Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Puke

Joaquin is turning two tomorrow and we had a rockin little party all planned out and ready to go. Unfortunately he woke up this morning at 3:30 am puking his little brain out. It continued every 15 to 60 minutes all day. He nursed, he drank water, he even asked for some bread, but it all came right back up.

sad & sick

I knew I had to cancel the party, but I was in tears about it. It was going to be his 2nd birthday and no festivities. I didn't even think to postpone because every weekend in December is already full of obligations. Luckily I managed to g-chat with a sane and helpful mama that reminded me there were other days left in this weekend, and Sunday was suggested. So Sunday it is. Now I'm just freaking out that a handful of people don't check their email and show up to an empty house tomorrow morning.

We still managed to go to my mom's house for dinner. When we got there he was totally lethargic and super sad and pitiful looking. He hadn't puked in a few hours, but about 15 minutes after some nursing it happened again. I had him in my lap while I attempted to eat dinner and he just burrowed his head in my armpits. He still must have somehow gotten a whiff of the food because he started asking for some, I gave him little bits at a time and within 15 minutes he was a new kid. He ate off and on for the rest of the evening and was back to his old shenanigans of tearing apart my mom's house. Thank goodness.

I'm prepared for another puke or two tonight, but I'm glad to see it's moving along. It's too bad we had to postpone the party, but the last thing we need is 20 little people all puking in unison. That would not be pretty.

No comments: