Saturday, April 26, 2008

Birthing Options part deux

Thank you to all who commented on "Birthing Options".

I've done a little digging and it looks like it would be pretty easy to get coverage at Best Start. That kind of annoys me because about halfway through my pregnancy with Joaquin I stopped by there when I was feeling particularly uneasy about the hospital birth. Whomever I spoke to looked at my insurance card and said my insurance wouldn't pay for it, I would have to pay out of pocket. Now I find out all I would have had to do was change my medical group to one that has a Dr that they work with. Oh well, whatever. I can't go back and change it and I still had a great birth with Joaquin. Even in the hospital.

I also did a bit of research on the Home Birth front. I emailed a midwife that is very well known amongst my mama friends. She gave me an idea of what I would deal with, and it sounds like something that could happen. At this point, I'm really leaning towards the home birth. But any further research and investigation will probably have to come when I do get pregnant.

It's just nice to know I actually do have options.

1 comment:

Eliska Bobeeska said...

Yay I'm so glad you found me!!! I miss you girl! Your family is adorable! I'm really not good at this blogging thing... but am going to try and keep up on it better. =)