Friday, March 19, 2010

feeling human

So last week I went and got a pedicure after work. I slept in this morning until almost 10 since Isela woke up for almost an hour each time twice last night (very unusual for her). Today I got my hair cut. I'm going to get my brows done in a bit. Tonight I'm going out with my BFF since like 6th grade since she's visiting from the East Coast. I'm joining the YMCA that is soon opening near our house.

People. I almost feel human again!

What I love is that Dan hasn't even batted an eye as I do all of this. I didn't do the kid's laundry last weekend and it's now magically done. Well, not magically, it was done by Dan.

Goes to show that much of my guilt and expectations are self inflicted. I'm looking forward to making regular visits at the gym at the Y and doing more to keep up on my personal self-maintenance. It makes such a big difference in my mood and self image.

You all were right, taking care of oneself is just as important as taking care of everything and everybody else. Yay for feeling human again!

2 comments:

WackyMamma said...

So true!!! A little lipgloss or lipstick takes me a looong way! :)

after reading this i'm committing to doing SOMETHING for myself this next week... hmm... MAYBE the gym. MAYBE. :P

t

The Psycho Mama said...

I gave you an award! Come check it out!

http://thepsychomama.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-awards.html