Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What brings you balance (or close to it)?

I'm loving hearing from all of you...tell me more!

Like I've said before, I'm always juggling at least two to three things at the same time...whether I like it or not. So now that I have more time, I have more time to juggle, not necessarily do things for myself. I'm feeling like it's just a fact of my current life, but the more I hear from you all the more I'm thinking I may need to put my foot down and get some *me* time.

So what is it that brings you balance...or close to it? Is it yoga? A drink with friends? A warm shower? Fifteen minutes locked away somewhere? What recharges your batteries? What keeps you from burning out? And most importantly, how do you keep the guilt at bay??

Share with me, share with us all...I'm sure many of us can use the ideas!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I honestly don't feel like I have felt balanced for the past 3 years. I get me time for sure, but it only re charges me for so long. For example I'll go out with a friend or few and have dinner or go out all night long. Jacob will wath the kids let me sleep in, etc. But usually within the next few days I feel totally burnt again. Going out makes me a better (read less bitchy) wife and a more patient Mother. Though temporary.

I know this phase will pass with small children and I will slowly get more time back for myself and time with Jacob.

I personally think balance is a myth! You will always come up short somewhere or end up loaded in the guilt department which IMO is still coming up short on yourself.

Tabor said...

I strive to give myself a little me time at least once a day. Lately, it has been waking up before the kids and working out. Sometimes, it's as simple as putting the baby down for a nap and reading in the bathtub. If you try to make "me time" a necessity (it really is that, after all, no?)then it helps you remember that your happiness and wellbeing is just as important as everyone else. So, I say 15 minutes a day, at least, to do something nice for yourself.

Shandell said...

my "balance" comes at the end of the day between my husband coming home and dinner time when I'm able to hand the baby off and have some time for me. Sometimes I catch up on my blog, read for 15 minutes, or take a long uninterrupted shower.

Domestic Photographic said...

I take a bubble bath and read a book at least a few times a week. When its nice out I go for long walks.

Sabrina said...

A drink with my girls once a week is a must, the gym at least 5days a week (sometimes six-- I am an addict), one family weekend day, and work 3 days a week. My husband is awesome and helps me so, so much. I still struggle with balance, but I am happier than I have been in a VERY long time.