Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I think we're on the mend.

Oh jeez. This has been an interesting week. As you all know Joaquin has been sick since last Wednesday night. Today, we are finally getting back to normalcy. I was totally spoiled in that I haven't had to deal with any real sick baby-ness until now. I really had no idea how exhausting it is!!

Turns out the little man had an ear infection. I took him to the chiropractor on Monday and immediately after he was all happy and almost back to his old self. But then he kept waking up that night and was super restless. Neither of us got any sleep. Tuesday he slept all day and was totally out of it. We followed up with the Chiro and the ear was a bit better, but he was just acting soooo weird with only a 100.4 fever. If it had been 104 and he was acting this way, I wouldn't have been so worried. But for him to just stare into space with only a 100?? I finally gave in and gave him the antibiotics and luckily,my great friend Iris gave me some probiotics she had on hand. Last night we all actually slept. Can you believe it?!?! So, Veganmomma, don't worry, you're not the only one who turns to the dark side!!

Today he is running all over the place and pretty much backto his old self. Me on the other hand...not so much. My throat is hurting and I have a headache, so I think I'm next on the sick list. One problem though. My sister is getting married on Saturday so I CANNOT be sick. I'm downing echinacea and emergen-c like it's going out of style. And if I do get sick, I'm going to have to find some good drugs to mask this sucker. I would really like to enjoy my only sister's wedding. After it, whatever, my body can get as sick as it wants, I'm off next week with no real plans. I just need to make it through the wedding!!! Any suggestions for the good stuff?

1 comment:

Iris said...

I went to see Dr. Russell today too because Lila had a bad episode of one of her headaches today. She was super nice! I want to go for myself soon.

Happy to hear Joaquin is feeling better, hopefully it passes by you quickly.