Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our first fever.

Go figure. The first week I'm supposed to go back full-time, Joaquin ends up with his first fever at 15 months.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the park for a late playgroup. While there, I noticed he seemed a little off, plus he's been cranky all week. We got home, gave him his bath and put him to bed. He woke up an hour later burning up! He's had a 102 fever since then. I called in sick today, and he's been nursing, cuddling and attached to me like a little monkey all day. I've managed to get a few smiles out of him, but for the most part, he's miserable!

We'll see how tomorrow goes. I might go in for just a bit. I just checked my work email and there was all kinds of drama today while I was out. But if he's still feeling this way, they will just have to deal.

My little man comes first.

No comments: