Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lived to see Tuesday afternoon.

It is now Tuesday afternoon and I have survived. So has Dan and Joaquin. The world didn't crumble at my feet nor did it melt away into the sky. We'll see how I feel by Thursday afternoon...that should be interesting.

The past two days here at work have been pretty busy, so I haven't had much time to mope around. Dan pretty much has things covered at home. He's gone grocery shopping, taken Joaquin to the zoo, washed diapers...you name it, he's done it. Yesterday when I got home, Joaquin was so excited to see me he shrieked and screamed in glee, it was so awesome to give him the longest and biggest hug ever. He has been pretty fussy in the evenings though, and I don't know if it's because of the adjustment to the new schedule or if something else is going on with him. That's kind of bumming me out.

I felt like a total ass yesterday though. Seriously, Dan has been doing sooo much around here. He's totally taking this new "job" seriously and I just farted on his parade yesterday. I've just been feeling kind of resentful and nit picky about things. I don't know why, he's doing an awesome job! But still, I guess just because all of this is so new and so many changes, I still feel just kind of mad. I don't want to feel that way, but sometimes I just do. So, yesterday I had some not so nice things to say and then I saw the effect of my words in his face and demeanor. I was such an asshole. After a bit I realized my mistake and apologized and gave myself a bit of a reality check. I also explained to him that I am having some negative feelings, and I need help dealing with them.

It's all an adjustment and I'm sure we'll get through it just fine...I hope.

Well, I'm off of work and am off to go meet Dan and Joaquin at the park...a perfect way to spend an afternoon!

No comments: