Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a day of recovery, potty learning & cookies

I thought I would wake up with all kinds of energy to get all kinds of things done...but I didn't. Instead I woke up with a headache. I moved slowly and had little to no motivation to do anything.

So we stuck around the house for the most part and worked on potty learning. I made these for Joaquin last night and today we gave them a shot.

football undies

He picked out the fabric all by himself and I'm hoping the fact that they don't feel so much like diapers will help with the potty learning. He is fine when naked and goes no problem, but often forgets when he's wearing little tighties. He was resistant at first, he has a hard time taking off that morning diaper, but soon warmed up to them.

wearing the football undies

Here was his potty learning outfit from the other day...it was so cute I just had to get a shot of it. Gotta love the flaming leg warmers.

Potty learning attire

Anyway, we had to make a quick trip to drop off Dan's car at the dealer for some work and Joaquin made it the whole way there and back with no accidents! He even peed a bit in the little potty I brought with us in the car before we headed home. When we got home I had to lay down and he stayed up with Dan and of course that was when he had an accident...but oh well, they're bound to happen at this point and getting wet is the only way we're going to get through this phase I suppose.

After a nice long nap we made some delish peanut (actually sunflower seed) butter, oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies.

making cookies

making cookies

making cookies

making cookies

I'm feeling a little bummed I didn't feel like doing much, but I guess my body needed some rest. Tomorrow is a new day!

1 comment:

A Baby Peach said...

He is so darn cute!!!! Love his new undies!