Monday, June 29, 2009

Playgroup Camping Trip 2009

Yep, I went camping at 34 weeks pregnant.

My logic was that if I didn't do it, I would always wonder if I should have gone. You know, if I would have enjoyed it and if Joaquin would have enjoyed it. If I went and hated it, well then at least I knew. If I went and had a great time, then great! Well, it turned into a combination of the last two.

It was not easy, not easy at all. I slept like crap Friday night which made Saturday a rough one for myself and all that happened to be near me. I mean, there were good moments, but for the most part I was a big, fat, pregnant grump. On top of that Joaquin did not sleep or eat well so him impulse control was that of a...well, toddler. I just didn't have it in me to deal and I lost my sh*t a number of times.

Just like last year he was wandering from site to site to visit, we also had a few runaway moments. Nothing like a huge pregnant lady chasing after a manic two year old in the woods. We finally had to implement a time out in the car seat...it helped, but I feel like we started doing it too late in the trip.

The good moments were spent wading in the cold and refreshing falls, hanging out around the campsite and of course watching Lila & Joaquin be cute together.

Of course Sunday morning, after be both slept better and had a decent breakfast, we were both doing much better...but by then it was time to pack up and go home.

Oh well, either way, I'm glad I went. It was an experience for Joaquin and our family that I rarely got to experience growing up. It may not have been perfect, but we still had our fun moments.

Because of my mood, I didn't take as many photos as I would have liked, but here is what I have. I'm also going to post some from Iris' flickr photostream because she was a photo taking maniac!

Enjoy!

that's a wink
Joaquin's attempt to wink.

joaquin & lila
Cheers!

dirty joaquin!
You got a little somethin' on your face...

joaquin & papi
Papi & Joaquin at the falls.

me & joaquin at the falls
Joaquin & a very huge Mama at the falls.

3670497884_ef82967960_b
Hanging out at the campsite.

3670462806_c163d1d01f_b
Letting our kids make-out.

2 comments:

eiroc said...

Where did you go camping? We want to go camping very soon. Love the picture of Joaquin kissing the little girl. (something you can always pull out later to show them.

Iris said...

I'm always a picture taking maniac. We had fun! Glad you came, you are braver than I, my friend.