Friday, October 16, 2009

the slow end to naps

It's been a long time coming, but Joaquin is finally slowly giving up his afternoon nap. This week he only went down twice. It was the two hours of the day where I could get what I needed to do around the house done, and now I'm losing it. While he is going to bed earlier, who really wants to clean and take care of chores at 7 or 8 at night? So I guess I'm going to have to figure out a way to keep him entertained ALL day while I get some time to take care of the day to day. This is why TV was invented! But I'm determined not to make the afternoon a boob tube fest, especially since he likes his PBS Kids in the morning. I know we'll figure it out, but in mean time, I'm mourning the loss of my time.

This evening as he was eating his dinner, he kept putting his head on the chair behind him to "rest". I asked if he was ready for bed and he said "no, I just lay down here for little while". OK I thought, whatever floats your boat! Within two or three minutes, he was out cold...at 6:50 pm.

early bedtime