Monday, January 28, 2008

It was a good weekend.

After our interesting morning on Saturday, we decided since it wasn't raining yet, we should get out and about while we could. So, off we went to the Wild Animal Park. We hadn't been since the summer and we were curious how Joaquin would do.

Dan got Joaquin an All Terrain Wagon (fancy schmancy) for Christmas and he thought it would be a great idea to pull him around in it. I was skeptical as all I could imagine was Joaquin trying to stand in and jump out of this little moving vehicle. But I went with it and brought our ergo just in case.

As it turned out, Joaquin loved the thing. We got comments all day from strangers like, "Sweet ride", "Now that's riding in style" etc etc. I even heard one couple say to each other what a good idea it was. I don't know why I thought it was such a horrible idea, but I guess everybody wanted to give Dan props and prove me wrong. That's cool. I guess Dan needs to be right sometimes. There was one point when I put Joaquin in the ergo because we were going up a steep hill, but other than that he either very happily rode in the wagon or walked.

Flamingos!

Looking up at Papi

The day ended with Dan getting a beer and me a"glass" of wine as we wandered to the exit.

The end of a good day

It was really, a good day.

The next day we decided to go to REI to spend a Christmas gift certificate and then Home Depot. It was pretty gloomy outside, so no outdoor fun, but still, we had a good time. At REI we each got fancy stainless steel water bottles and a cast iron grill thingie for camping. I call it a grill thingie because I don't really know what it is. But Dan seems to know, and that's all that matters since he does all the cooking when we camp.

Here is Joaquin trying to make a break for it in the garden department.
Making a break for it at Home Depot

I love weekends like this...full of fun relaxing little adventures.

No comments: