Monday, May 19, 2008

My Sister's Wedding

My little sister got married on March 15 and we finally have pictures! This wedding was so close to a disaster, but somehow it pulled itself out of the grave and turned into an incredible party.

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

It only rained one Saturday in March, and that happened to be March 15th. It was cloudy all day and then the clouds started to finally give way just as the ceremony was about to start. Luckily they held back and it didn't full on rain until after that first kiss. It was on and off for the rest of the evening. Joaquin was the ring bearer and I was a bridesmaid. I just loved our dresses and I have to admit, Joaquin was darn cute.

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

I love this picture of her, she looks so happy...it was right after the ceremony and before all the chaos really began.

my sister's wedding

The tables were all set up to a super cool jazz theme, but hardly anybody got to enjoy them. The seating arrangement went out the window as half of the guests crammed themselves inside my parent's house while the others ate outside in the rain.

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

The photographer managed to do an incredible job, especially considering the circumstances. But because of the rain, it took forever to get the formal photos done, in fact as my sis and I were taking this photo it started to pour on us.

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

Cecilia pasted a pretty good smile on her face for most of it, but I caught a glimpse of her right around this moment. She just looked so sad and overwhelmed. My poor little sister.

my sister's wedding

But like I said, somehow this party just wouldn't die. The people inside were having a blast and the dance floor was rockin'. The rain let up just enough to let the guests have their fun.

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

my sister's wedding

Seriously, this turned out to be one of the most fun weddings ever. Because of the craziness, people ended up mingling with people they never would have talked to. At one point all of Ceci and Brandon's punk rocker friends were playing dice at the dining table, while our family was laughing and talking in the living room and family friends were chit chatting in the family room. It was surreal and so awesome. All the people that wanted to be there for Ceci and Brandon stuck around and made the best of it.

My sister's wedding

I'm so happy for the two of them, they are so great together, they both so totally rock and they have many many people that love them to death, including Joaquin.

my sister's wedding

P.S. All of the fabulous photos above were taken by Unveiled Wedding Photographyr.

No comments: