Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Losing Sleep in da 'Hood

At the ass crack of dawn this morning I was jarred awake by screams of bloody murder coming from our neighboring alley. I immediately jumped out of bed, grabbed my robe and ran to the side door while quickly glancing back to make sure Joaquin was still asleep. I ran to the door and looked out to see a girl on her hands and knees screaming at the top of her lungs. I went out and opened our side gate. Just as I was doing this, a guy called out to her and she got up and stumbled to a house while still screaming "WHY WHY WHY, Johnny, WHY??"

I was so confused. I called out to her, but she didn't hear me and then she disappeared along with her screams. I looked around stunned. My neighbors from across the street yelled out to me asking if she was OK. I told them that from what I could see she was. Then Dan and Joaquin appeared at the door. Joaquin had woken up and it was only 5:45. He stayed awake.

After the initial shock I was fucking pissed. What the hell was she doing screaming like that at 5:45 in the freaking morning? She woke us all up for what? Drama? She obviously wasn't physically hurt. Her screams were disturbing, they sounded so painful. I get her pain if her guy screwed her over, but don't do that in the middle of a bunch of houses at FIVE FORTY FIVE in the damn morning!!!

This little story reminded me of some drama from a couple of weeks ago that I also meant to blog.

At about 11:30pm, I heard Dan get up and Bella barking like a dog outta hell. I waited a couple of minutes in bed hoping they would all come back and shut the hell up. They didn't. I got up to find Dan on the phone with the police and then I looked out our side door to find this.

DSC_1790

DSC_1789

DSC_1791

It seems some asshole tried to haul ass while taking a left turn up our alley and ended up through our neighbors fence, up an embankment, through another neighbors fence and hanging by three wheels. Dan heard it and got up and saw the guy running away. He called the cops but they didn't find anybody and figured the car was stolen. We all ended up awake until about 1 am while they tried to get the car down off of the embankment and took reports etc. Needles to say I was not a happy camper the next day at work.

All if this action in my 'hood is getting old. I just want a nice quiet place with no drama, is that too much to ask?

No comments: