Monday, July 28, 2008

toddler bed update

I realized today that I told you all about getting the toddler bed all set up and then totally left you hanging!

We are still in transition, but I'm very happy with our current state and plan to stick here for a bit.

I nurse Joaquin in his bed and he stays there until he wakes up, usually right around 2 am. It took about a week or so, but I'm finally sleeping in my bed during this time as well. When he wakes up he'll just cry out a couple of times and I'll go get him and bring him to bed with us. There, he'll nurse for a minute or two and fall back asleep. He was waking up at least one or two times more within the night to nurse, but I managed to cut those out by telling him that "milk went sleepies". Luckily it didn't seem to bother him much and he went right back to sleep after a bit of cuddling. He still wakes up for a 5 am session and then nurses again when it's time to wake up right around 7. I'm trying to cut out that 5 am session, but when I told him milk went sleepies this morning he fuh-lipped out. I just didn't have the energy to follow through and was afraid he would totally wake up which would then mean I would have to wake up...at 5 am. So totally not worth it at the moment, but I may give it another go tomorrow.

So yeah, it's working out! He did manage to fall out the other night, I'm not sure how that happened, but I heard a big THUD and I jumped up to get him. He was on the floor stunned and then just started wailing. Poor little man. But other than that he still happily goes sleepies in his bed every night and doesn't freak out when he wakes up. I can't ask for much more!

No comments: